History Kowa Group

  • 1894

    Founded as a cotton cloth wholesaler in Naka-ku, Nagoya under the name of "Hattori Kanesaburo Wholesale Store".
  • 1912

    Hattori & Co.,Ltd incorporated was launched.
  • 1939

    Separated the spinning division (the present Kowabo Company, Ltd.) from the trading division to establish Kaneka Hattori & Co.,Ltd (the present Kowa Company, Ltd.).
  • 1940

    Company name changed to Hattori Co., Ltd.
  • 1945

    Branching out of Chemical Division
  • 1960

    Company name changed to Kowa Company, Ltd.
  • 1986

    Kowa Europe GmbH is established.
  • 1999

    Kowa Research Europe, Ltd. established.
  • 2003

    Nikken Chemicals Co., Ltd. became a subsidiary of Kowa Company, Ltd. through acquisition of stock.